Sunday, March 25, 2007

Steve Holt!*



I am afraid to write this.. I'll do it because this is not paper .. It is some computer that google owns.. who knows where, we'll never know so it's almost like this is recorded nowhere. Hence the gods of sleep will not punish me for my hubris.

Jack has started sleeping through the night - all the way through the night. I can count on him going to bed between 6 and 8 pm and waking up between 6 and 7 am. Occasionally, he wakes up once for a few minutes to eat but I don't even count that. If he does that for the rest of his life, I can deal with it. It feels like nothing. Until he was 3 months old, he never slept more than 3 hours at a time at most. I resigned myself to the fact that I did not have a "champion sleeper" as some of other moms in first weeks have.. "Junior sleeps constantly and I am finishing my MD in my free time." Getting a full night's sleep is amazing.

It happened just in time because I started working again this weekend. Jack was asleep yesterday when I left and that was sad. It was the longest I had gone without seeing him awake. Luckily for me, I work with lots of women with kids so everyone likes to talk about their kids and show pictures. It helps.

*If you don't know why I titled this entry 'Steve Holt', you must run to the video store to rent seasons 1 through 3 of Arrested Development. Your life is not fully lived without seeing this show.

1 comment:

Transient Gadfly said...

Hee hee. Steve Holt is funny