Friday, March 23, 2007

Road Trip

Since I finished my chem class on Monday and I don't start working again until tomorrow, Jack and I went on a little road trip. First we went to Astoria to visit one of my friends from college and her family. Her boys (identical twins) are almost 4 and they love babies. Throughout our visit, they were only allowed to touch Jack's feet so when we took this picture they were extremely excited to be in such close proximity. After I snapped the picture, in a matter of seconds, one of them was touching Jack's face while the other tried to poke him in the eye. They were just being friendly in their 4 year old way.



Then we went to Hood River to visit some other college friends of mine. Hood River is such a cool town.. very popular for all manner of outdoor activities especially kite boarding and wind surfing. My friends live very close to downtown.. we walked to a fancy restaurant that has an amazing happy hour menu.. they have no problems with babies in the bars there unlike Seattle establishments. My friends have a great piece of property with a little guest house in their backyard where Jack and I stayed. If I didn't love Seattle so much, I would move to Hood River.. and probably live in this guest house.



Jack was pretty laid back about the trip. He slept in the car as I drove from town to town. He did get cranky at the end of each day .. I understand the quality of sleep they get in a car seat is not the same as what they get at home. Other than that, he seemed to enjoy himself quite a bit.

1 comment:

megan said...

yay for jack & alicia! and those twins are adorable. almost as cute as jack. :) turns out we have a little jack for a neighbor as well - he is 9 months old. we are envious of your road trip... we will try one soon.