Monday, March 19, 2007

Motherhood Rocks!

I don't usually keep in touch with what tori spelling is doing.. but one of my google homepage widgets displays People magazine headlines .. so I know that she just had a baby. The headline says "Tori Spelling: Motherhood Rocks"

Does it really rock?

If you asked me how I felt the day I brought Jack home, I would have said that I feel like I was literally and metaphorically hit by a truck. When asked how is it, I would have said overwhelming. Of course, every new parent has a unique experience so I will allow that maybe for Tori, who goes home to a house full of people who wait on her, it may rock. But unless she gave birth in a way I am not aware of, there is more to the experience of being a new parent than just .. it rocks.

So here is a piece of evidence.. in case you didn't believe me.. there isn't a lot of honesty "out there" about the new parent experience. What did I expect from tori, you may ask. Nothing less than this.. which is my point.

No comments: