Monday, January 15, 2007

Sleep Deprivation and Psychedelic Dreams

Normally, Ryan and I divide the night feeding duties. Ryan takes care of Jack from around 9 or 10 to around 2 or 3. Then I take care of him from 3 on. Occasionally, he'll fall asleep after I feed him and not wake up until 6 or so. Usually, he wakes up every hour between 3 and 7. I fall asleep quickly and during those 45-60 minute periods, I have a very vivid recurring dream. It is usually full of crazy detail -- last night I was in an underground city that was part of the USC campus. (I have never been to USC) But the theme is the same. In each dream I am looking for Jack and I cannot find him. I don't know where he is. It's not a scary dream but it's an anxiety dream... similar to the one where you have a test and forgot to study ..

It's weird.

No comments: