Sunday, January 07, 2007

Overstimulation

Jack has gained a few new skills in the past week or two. He can smile, he lays down and just looks around (before he would just cry), he seems to be losing some of his baby reflexes like the limb shuddering he used to do. He also grew eyebrows. Overnight.

After we went to Astoria, he had a couple of rough nights. He cried a lot - more than usual. Some people offered that maybe he had been overstimulated on our trip. What does that mean exactly? After some thought I decided it's probably similar to my experience in Las Vegas. After a couple of days in las vegas, I have had it. I just want to lie in a quiet room with tatami mats, a small gurgling fountain and a cup of green tea. It's just too much of everything. But it's important to introduce babies to our crazy world -- now I can understand jack's pain a little more. It's like he has to go to vegas all the time. Fun at first but the recovery is rough.

Here is a little video of Ryan and me trying to get Jack to smile.. something we spend a lot of time doing these days:

jack smiling

No comments: