Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sonia Begonia

So much of this blog has focused on Jack. As the first child, he has been more adept at getting our attention. Sonia is catching up though. Like her big bro curly jack, her personality seems to start with her hair. She is willful and a risk-taker. She loves danger. I used to tell her no a lot.. As in, no don't drink the standing water on the ground at this construction site! But anything I say no to she becomes obsessed with. So instead of saying no I just hope she has a hearty constitution. She is, like her brother, a joyful soul but in such a different way. I marvel at how different they are. Sonia will request a "hug" then grab my face to get my attention and tell me what she really wants. She dances and sings a lot. We sing a song about 'sonia begonia.' Sonia has started singing that song too but she doesn't get that we say begonia because it rhymes with Sonia. So she sings 'baby gabonia...' (for her doll) or 'mama gabonia...' She is funny in the way all kids are funny. Her favorite question begins with 'where' as in 'where's aunt kay-kee?' (katie) or 'where's papa' or 'where are you mama?' She is so darn cute that looking at her baby pictures I feel a wave of sadness that the baby days are over.. Soon she'll be two.






No comments: