Monday, August 08, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

I am simply elated to be 39. During the spring, I wondered if I would get here so I am very pleased that I made it. We had a wonderful weekend. My sister visited and we spent a day at my mom's. Then on my actual birthday we headed to the home of dear friends for a delicious dinner. While I brought my camera, I had such a good time I forgot to take pictures. Per usual really.

Ryan, Jack, my mom and Bert went out on the boat during the afternoon to get crab from their crabpot. Here we are cracking the crab and eating it while sitting in the sun. Lovely!


Sonia is still asking 'where's aunt katie?'

Sonia and my mom's glass table. For some reason, she is always compelled to put her nose and tongue on glass.


Every bday, I take a family picture. One year ago today, we were moving into our rental to begin our 8 month remodel project which is now on its 13th month. This past year brought so many unexpected surprises. It's clear that the only certainty is uncertainty.

No comments: