Monday, January 09, 2012

My children want to be with me all the time

I am writing this down because I know it won't last. I do not have any memory of feeling this way towards my parents but I am sure I did .. many, many years ago .. a dim memory for my parents I am sure.
When I cook, they either have to sit on the counter, on a chair next to me, or on the floor near where I am standing. If they decide to go into their rooms, they want me to come with them. The only thing for which Jack has a long attention span is being read to -- by me (or Ryan). They demand attention often by yelling or annoying behavior ( brother hitting sister or sister getting into the coffee beans and throwing them everywhere ). I get tired of it. Why must they be appendages? Yet, I know it's temporary. They love me so. Mostly, I really enjoy it.

No comments: