Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Contrast



In my last few years at amazon, i had a lot of free time. It's why I stayed there so long. I did yoga almost every day for 2 hours - I trained for triathlons and the bigride - and when i wasn't cycling or yoga-ing, I socialized. I dug it. But I knew I had to move off of the path of least resistance, so I returned to school. Working part time and taking 2 lab sciences a quarter, I had very little free time.. but I still had some. I could still practice yoga in the morning, do the occasional workout, see the occasional movie. Then I had Jack. Now there is no time for those things unless I arrange a babysitter. One of the unexpected side effects of extreme free-time limitation is that when I get to do one of my old hobbies, I am beyond thrilled. I savor every moment.. So last week in Arizona, I got to swim. As I surveyed the pool (one I had jumped into daily for 5 years as a kid without thought) I felt so fortunate. The sun! the warm water! It was great.

1 comment:

megan said...

how do I find one of these mythical "babysitters" you speak of? :) *sigh*