Thursday, February 08, 2007

Never get involved in a land war in asia

Life lessons abound in parenthood-land. It's the ultimate yoga practice. On Monday, I went out with the other mom's in my PEPS group (parent support group). A couple of the women said they'd had trouble getting pregnant and each remarked that the month when she truly gave up -- one started the adoption process and the other abandoned all of her dietary restrictions -- she got pregnant. It's a crazy paradox -- for something to change in your life, you must first truly accept that it will never change.

Tuesday I had a very low day for a variety of reasons but one was jack's eating. Finally, I decided to let it go ... I can't do anything about it. If he is an 11 pound fifth grader, so be it. Then what happened on Wednesday? He ate more than he ever has. Then what happened today? (since it can't be a simple story) He barely ate. So. My lesson is that Jack can eat different amounts every day and I can be paralyzed by anxiety or Jack can eat different amounts every day and I can be at peace.

More pictures soon.

1 comment:

JaneC said...

My kids were all breast feed and that was the pattern for all of them. Some days they were very hungry, other days they eat much less. Not very comfortable for me but they are all doing great. Unfortunately, being a mom means worrying about something. Food is easy, wait to you get to homework.

JaneC

PS. Be gentle to yourself. You are still in baby boot camp. It gets easier and more fun as you really get to know Jack and he gets to know you and then the rest of the world.