Saturday, December 23, 2006

A better day

Today has been better. I was able to sleep because Ryan is home. This makes me wonder if I am truly depressed in the clinical sense or is it just hard to be alone with an infant? When I am not alone, I feel fine... not great .. but not depressed. I don't think anyone is meant to be alone with a baby as the combination of sleep deprivation, hormones and screaming equals despair. Our friend Bridget pointed out that we are the only ( I think ) developed country that does not offer paid maternity or paternity leave. And we say we value family. Ha.

I keep trying to get a good picture of Jack. He mellowed out on the changing table and luckily, he is not too squirmy yet so I snapped one I like. We still have him in the bear suit because we figured out part of the reason for his fussiness seems to be that he is cold. He should have said something.. how could we know?




No comments: