Monday, April 09, 2012

Day 7 in London

We woke up to light, misty rain and gray skies. We had a slow morning then Kate and I went to run a 10K at Regent's park. It was actually great running weather but it seems not many people agreed. The run was supposed to have 500 people but no more than 200 could have been there. It was a great way to see Regent's park though... another large, beautiful, well-landscaped park.

When we got home Ryan and Stephen had not left the house so I knew I had to get the kids out of the house. Kate's kids are still sick so they all stayed in. Ryan went to the British Museum and I took the kids to the Victoria and Albert Childhood museum. The museum had toys from the last 300 years..very interesting.. lots of old dollhouses, cool, vintage Fisher Price toys, various marble runs, old rockets and of course a great Star Wars exhibit. There were more toys than I could list. Jack was most fascinated by the Star Wars toys of course.

It was my first outing on my own. Due to how difficult it is to navigate around the tube alone with a stroller, I put Sonia in the backpack. She napped on the way there then was asleep for a little while in the museum. When she woke up, things got challenging. She and Jack were not interested in the same things and went in opposite directions. The museum was really crowded because today is a holiday in London. Then when we left the museum I gave Jack the option of stopping in a park to ride his scooter. Jack doesn't do well with choices and he completely freaked out. He started to scream and I had to drag him down the stairs of the tube. When we got on the subway, Sonia wriggled out of the backpack and wanted to run around. Luckily the train wasn't crowded. We managed to get home. Even though the weather wasn't great today and it was tough to deal with two wild kids on the subway, it was still a fun day. London is such an interesting place.. there is always something interesting to see. I really appreciate that while I am a foreigner here, no one treats me like one. No one looks at me if I shout at my kids or speak with accented English. It makes being here very easy.

We are ordering Indian food for dinner. Kate says the Indian food here is great.






No comments: