Wednesday, November 09, 2016

no words

I had to tell the kids last night that Trump won. Jack cried. Sonia became quite anxious. I said it would be ok. We'd stick together. Other than that, I don't know what to say. Jack was worried he will kill Muslims. I said that wouldn't happen.

However, obviously, I have no idea what will happen. I can only guess as the potential for devastation is vast. I have used Harry Potter to explain a lot of difficult things to the kids. I don't think it will work this time. If I tell them Voldemort and his deatheaters are in power that won't be helpful to them. I don't even know if that's true yet anyway. All I can do is hope it is not true or that Dumbledore is out there to help us.

Their sense of irony is not developed enough for despair.com. And on days like today, this feels a little too true to be funny.



No comments: