Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Transitions

My kids are now both in elementary school. They are in the same place for 6 consecutive hours. What do I do with all my time, you ask? Well. I am transitioning. I had planned to use my time to work on my software. I do that. But I work alone and now I can work for 5 hour stretches. I get bored and a bit lonely. I need to figure out how to structure my time so I can pay attention. Maybe I will schedule shorter stretches of work outside my house?

That would be a better idea than what I did this past week. This week, I downloaded the first series of Outlander and watched 15 hours of TV in three days. I have not watched 15 hours of TV in the last 9 years combined. I was just looking at an Outlander fan website. Soon, I will gain 30 pounds, have an outdated hair style, start knitting and posting favorite cat pictures on Pinterest.

God help me.





1 comment:

Katie Goodwin said...

If you're going to watch 15 hours of tv, watch Narcos as it is in Spanish and therefore educational, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, as it was created by Tina Fey or Silicon Valley as it is hilarious and about technology, so therefore educational. You couldn't handle the sadness and ridicule that you would get from Sonia and I if you were a cat knitter. We are a horrifyingly chic team. Pull it together Goodwin.