Saturday, March 28, 2015

The waiting is the hardest part

I went to the airport this morning to catch my flight to Seattle. Unfortunately, I learned that today's flight was full and so was Sunday's. Monday's flight is also nearly full. I learned that the weeks around Easter are big vacation times in Europe and everyone is flying out. There is nothing I can do but wait for an open seat. I am trying again on Monday but I am not hopeful. I have scheduled child-care and Ryan is gearing up for a few more days as a single dad.

I am really disappointed. I am done sight-seeing and ready to go home. I miss the kids and Ryan and my life in Seattle. I'll make the best of it though. I am at Kate's and can stay here until I can get on a flight. Sigh.

Last night, I went to the Tate Modern. Loved it.

St Paul's cathedral at sunset

poem on the wall of the Tate. Working to keep my vision in the moment.

No comments: