Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Life at home

After a week, it seems we have adjusted to life in Seattle. We are over the jet lag. The luggage is put away. The kids talk about London a little bit but only when reminded of something they saw or did there. There are a couple of things I am doing differently. 1. I am air-drying my laundry. We did this in London. It works and saves energy. 2. I am picking Jack up from school in either the bike trailer or the stroller on the days when Sonia doesn't have school. I love how little we used cars in London ( I was only in a taxi a few times). The car is just not fun in comparison to walking or scooting or cycling. Our hills make it more challenging but I am determined. When I arrived, I was sad to be here. I find life here so lonely in comparison to what it was like there. I miss the vitality of London. All this is not bad though. The trip gave me a great deal of courage regarding traveling with children. I look forward to our next trip! One last picture from the trip. These were some of the chocolates from paul a young in london. So delicious.

No comments: