Friday, May 15, 2015

Not knowing

This week, I decided I would stop nagging Jack about brushing his teeth. I tell him if he doesn't brush his teeth, he doesn't get points. He gets a lot of points for brushing his teeth. Without these points, he doesn't get much screen time that day. Knowing this, it seems Jack is having an internal battle. In the morning when it's time to go to school, he has not brushed his teeth. He then proceeds to become enraged. It's quite a scene. I've decided to stop punishing, yelling and in general, reacting, to these scenes. It is his choice. Usually, after school, he will brush his teeth.

What am I doing? 

Jack needs to brush his teeth. I am not going to restrain him to do it. He needs to be motivated yet the choice I have given him causes a great deal of rage. At this point, it seems I have to accept the rage. It's trying.

On a side note, when Jack does finally brush his teeth, he hums. Every. single. time.


No comments: