Thursday, February 05, 2015

Late

We are always late for school. This morning, in an effort to end this trend, I woke the kids up 15 minutes earlier than normal. As usual, I was yelling at Sonia to get dressed. We are late because of her. She dawdles and it is annoying to me so I yell (after asking nicely at least 10 times). This morning we had this conversation:

Me: SONIA GET DRESSED

Sonia: Mom, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Me: What are you talking about?

Sonia: YOU ARE THROWING A FIT. You get what you get a you don't throw a fit.

The logic of her statement is sound. I call it speaking sharply in an effort to make the children do what they are supposed to do in the morning. She calls it a fit because I am yelling and she finds it annoying.  I would define fits similarly. She often uses my own tactics on me for behavior she finds annoying or bothersome. Then we get stuck in an infinite loop. It is hilarious and irritating at the same time.

Unrelated:

We went to the dentist last week. Jack was very anxious about the visit as he did not want to hear he had more cavities. He doesn't! I have found religion and we are now vigilant about teeth care.



No comments: