Saturday, March 22, 2008

That frog

I haven't been posting much lately because all of my posts are beginning to sound the same. We are sick. We are laying low. It is not that fun. Jack got sick again last weekend. He was awake from midnight Saturday night to 9pm Sunday night and he was not happy during that time. At one point, in fact, he looked up at me and just screamed .. twice. Turned out he had two ear infections and a throat infection. I am very grateful for the children's hospital after hours clinic.
In spite of all the sickness, Jack is changing a lot. He has started to include books into his solo playtime. He turns the pages and babbles as if he is reading. He knows what the cow says.. moo! He definitely understands a lot of what we say. Tonight ryan and I were talking about how Jack gives us hugs and kisses, and he looked up at us and blew us a kiss (bridget taught him that trick). Sadly, it seems we can get none of this on camera. He is like that frog from the warner bros cartoons. When the camera is off, he is so entertaining. Then we turn the camera on and he won't do anything. I suppose he may think he is not my show pony.
I have also made some changes in my life. I became tired of having to call in sick so much at work. There isn't anyone to replace me where I work so it is upsetting to people when I am not there. I decided to leave my job and found a very flexible job that allows me to work from home as much as I want. It's a tech job that uses my old skills. I'll do it for a year while I apply to graduate school. A friend of mine said to me recently: your work needs to fit into your life not the other way around. That helped me reframe my priorities.






No comments: