Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sickie

For the last 7 days, jack has been sick. It started out as a virus. We know this because 2 days after Jack got sick, Ryan was sick and then our poor friend Laurie who was nice enough to bring us lunch one day, got sick. It was a horrible stomach bug that passed through the adults in 24 hours.. but not Jack. He threw up for three straight days and a little more erratically for the last four. I have talked to doctors who keep saying its a virus but at this point that is hard to believe. After a year of being harassed by the medical establishment about Jack's low weight, now they don't care that he is losing weight.. a little more than 10% so far.

I am trying hard to be optimistic and believe that he will be ok soon. But a very bizarre kind of fear grips me when something is not right with Jack. It's hard to overcome with a cheery attitude. Fortunately for me, this fear seems to grip most moms. I have talked to a few mom friends who were all very concerned and freaked out on my behalf. I found that oddly comforting.

No pics today since Jack has been so sad. Hopefully the next post features happy and eating jack with happy mom.

1 comment:

megan said...

boo! what a nightmare. I have the same fears when Maggie naps extra-long. can I do anything to help??