Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Santa

Last weekend, some friends of mine asked me if I planned to take Jack to see Santa. I had not considered that idea but knew right away that the answer was no. I have a couple of reasons for this. During my own childhood and adolescence, I remember feeling powerless. I have always enjoyed adulthood because, usually, I do what I want. I always have choices. I don't like the idea of making Jack sit on a stranger's lap so he can get a picture taken (while he screams). I don't think it's cute. When Jack is older, if he wants to sit on Santa's lap and ask him for presents, that's fine. But until he is choosing it, I don't plan to participate.

For now, he can sit on mom's lap:

2 comments:

megan said...

when I say "Amen, sister" it will be no surprise.

megan said...

oh, but apparently Maggie *will* be having christmas cookies. grandma will make sure, I've been told. several times. it's a treat! to grandma, anyway.