Monday, June 25, 2007

The Big Ride

Four years ago yesterday, Ryan and I pedaled out of Seattle beginning our journey east across the country. We did the ride with the Lung Association, and it was easily the best summer of my life... spending the whole summer outdoors, on the bike.. meeting new people .. watching the terrain change as we rode .. words can't really capture it. Although at the time, I tried. I am sure blogs were around but I didn't have one. I sent e-mail home from every rest stop describing my adventures (and there were many)

Every year since, we have hosted riders from out of town. This year, two lovely college students -- Ane and Liz -- from minnesota spent the weekend with us. We showed them around, reminisced about our ride and took them to the start this morning. They were really nervous but I was so excited for them.

Ryan and I have vowed to do the ride again but we have to wait until our wee one is much older -- We will be in our fifties (as many of the riders are). Kind of weird to think about..

Anyway, here is a photo of Ane, Liz, and Jack. If you want to live vicariously through them, I have linked to their blogs.

1 comment:

megan said...

ok, I know you'll think I'm joking - but I think we should make that 50-something big ride a double date. Ben's not quite on board yet, but there's time. maybe the kids will come too if we wait until they're in college... eek!