Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Solid food, old/new clothes, and summer heat

It's funny that "they" say at 6 months you can start feeding your baby solid food when the food you feed him is almost liquid. So far in the past week and a half, Jack has eaten pureed sweet potatoes, avocado, banana, and pear. He seems to like this food a lot more than formula. I don't blame him because I don't like milk either.

Since I feel that our consumer society creates a bunch of crap you really don't need, I thought I would not buy bibs because I have so many towels and receiving blankets. This didn't really work out. Now I can imagine the day someone said, if only we could invent something that would actually catch the food that they spit out. Here Jack is pictured wearing a dishtowel that caught almost none of the sweet potato he ate.



After the baby shower last October, I put many of my gifts in a drawer underneath our bed. I sorted through the clothes and pulled out the items that would fit him during his first 6 months. As I sorted through the clothes again, I realized I had missed some and sadly, he is almost too big for them. Our friends Megan and Ben gave us this little get-up.. perfect for warmer weather.




Bridget took Jack to his first backyard summer party. He took a dip in the kiddie pool but apparently did not dig it. He prefers to lounge.

No comments: