Monday, April 02, 2007

Superpowers


A friend of mine once told me that her superpower was being able to find parking in any situation. Her husband's anti-superpower was always getting in the wrong line. I have determined that my anti-superpower is always losing socks in the dryer. I do not know what happens to them. It's so bizarre. They must get sucked away into the sock black hole which unfortunately occupies all dryers I use. This inverse superpower I have wasn't so big of a deal when it was just my socks getting sucked into the vortex. Now I am losing jack's socks. Ryan does his own laundry because it bothers him to lose socks.

Jack's superpower is currently that he can sleep through anything. I just cut his fingernails .. he didn't stir.

4 comments:

Transient Gadfly said...

That's my superpower as well. I can sleep through anything.

Transient Gadfly said...

also, one is on our dining room table. (it is bright blue and, uh, small and cute.)

:) l.

erma said...

Actually both the superpower and the anti-superpower belong to my husband. My superpower is less exciting ... the ability to understand people with strong Asian accents.

Maybe Ryan should start laundering Jack's socks.

Lance Sleuthe said...

Erma's husband here. My other superpower is "Does not get jetlag". Very useful in my line of work!